Purpose of the role:
NOC Engineers are responsible for 24/7 monitoring of the Network Operations Centre (NOC) which are the first point of contact for all business impacting issues. Main responsibilities will be to support the Technology teams such as Networks, Systems Operations and DevOps with monitoring and troubleshooting BetVictor’s global Cloud and On-Premise infrastructure. The NOC Engineer must support the corresponding technical teams and help find the quickest possible resolution to all reported LIVE issues. In addition to working with the internal Technology teams, it is also necessary to liaise with numerous key 3rd party service providers daily.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Maintain the operational integrity and stability of the global core Network and Cloud/Server infrastructure/Services.
- Utilise all provided utilities, tools and applications; ensure a high level of service availability.
- Accurate recording and maintenance of all records relating to role, actions or procedures i.e. Checklist, Updating incident cases etc.
- Problem management and escalation within guidance of standard operating procedures.
- Escalation of issues to other support teams or third parties as necessary.
- Diagnose and resolve incident tickets.
- Work with third party suppliers to resolve any issues that they might have which are affecting our customer facing services.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of working practices and procedures.
- Meeting SLA’s as defined by business requirements.
- Provide initial troubleshooting on issues, working closely with other technicians to assist in resolving any issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Produce detailed root cause analysis reports on all major incidents.
- Provide hands on support for systems within our Data Centre environment.
- Maintain awareness of our entire live environment and provide a rapid response to any live issues.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and new procedures through self-directed training.
- Ability to produce highly detailed documentation for technical procedures in Confluence.
- Ability to work to strict guidelines and timescales across multiple streams simultaneously, often having to act on your own initiative.
- Microsoft skillset to help troubleshoot technical issues for our internal customers during out of hour periods.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation (VDI and VMware).
- Awareness of cloud infrastructures and practices
- Positive and proactive thinker and good working under pressure.
- CCNA/MCSE/Azure/AWS/GCP Certification or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the Sports Betting industry.
- Experience of working in a 24/7 NOC environment or similar 24/7 FPOC environment.
- Awareness of monitoring tools: Icinga, NetGrafana, Prometheus, Catchpoint, Graylog, Kibana.
- Experience with Cisco Networking and/or SDN.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong attention to detail and analytics skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Working on your own and teamwork skills.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.