Key Responsibilities / Duties:
NOC Engineers are responsible for 24/7 monitoring of the Network Operations Centre (NOC) which are the first point of contact for all business impacting issues.
Main responsibilities will be to support the Technology teams such as Networks, Systems Operations and DevOps with monitoring and troubleshooting BetVictor’s global Cloud and On-Premise infrastructure.
The NOC Engineer must support the corresponding technical teams and help find the quickest possible resolution to all reported LIVE issues. In addition to working with the internal Technology teams, it is also necessary to liaise with numerous key 3rd party service providers daily.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and new procedures through self-directed training.
- Ability to produce highly detailed documentation for technical procedures in Confluence.
- Ability to work to strict guidelines and timescales across multiple streams simultaneously, often having to act on your own initiative.
- Microsoft skillset to help troubleshoot technical issues for our internal customers during out of hour periods.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation (VDI and VMware).
- Awareness of cloud infrastructures and practices.
- Positive and proactive thinker and good working under pressure.
- CCNA/MCSE/Azure/AWS/GCP Certification or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the Sports Betting industry.
- Experience of working in a 24/7 NOC environment or similar 24/7 FPOC environment.
- Awareness of monitoring tools: Icinga, NetGrafana, Prometheus, Catchpoint, Graylog, Kibana.
- Experience with Cisco Networking and/or SDN.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong attention to detail and analytics skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Working on your own and teamwork skills.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.