Working in the Brand & Creative Department, the Copywriter is tasked with producing a wide range of output from mailers, banners and ad scripts to blogs and product content. This requires a strong work ethic, versatility and a passion for writing and narrative.
The Copywriter will have a strong eye for detail and knowledge of current marketing trends.
Excellent writing skills and proofreading skills are essential.
At a more senior level, the Copywriter will own the copy for multiple projects, while mentoring other Copywriters on a day-to-day basis. They will also work closely with various departments to help define content strategy.
Adaptability and a calm attitude in the face of unplanned requests, short deadlines and stakeholder pressure is also important to excel in this role.
Do you see yourself in the above description? Read on.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Has a multi-faceted writing style adaptable to different formats, lengths and tone of voice.
- Has a keen sense of empathy, knowing what inspires, provokes and engages.
- Able to creatively, marrying words and images in an effective way.
- Is aware of cultural, technological and industry trends.
- Uses narrative and a flair for language to bring the brand to life.
- Proactive in seeking innovative ways to engage the customer.
- Recognises the importance of tailoring approach to various forms of media.
- Aware of the importance of the customer journey and how to apply campaign and offer messaging most effectively.
- At a senior level, plays a key role in supporting multiple projects and aids the development of the Copywriting team.
- Proofread copy produced within the team and offer constructive feedback.
- Consistently produce innovative ideas to promote our products or enhance our brand.
- Understands their role within the wider Creative team.
- Works with Designers to combine their copy with imagery and video.
- Aware of the importance of collaboration in producing engaging work in an efficient and effective way.
- Comfortable with offering up ideas both within the team and to other departments.
- At a senior level, is able to recognise colleague skillsets and develop and utilise them effectively.
- Is verbally persuasive, able to sell ideas and concepts in an articulate way.
- Attentive to feedback, responding positively.
- Offers constructive feedback.
- Is a strong communicator, able to collaborate with other departments and convey ideas clearly.
- Unafraid to challenge where appropriate and equally open to pushback.
- Delivers strong idea pitches and presentations that aim to influence results.
- Has complete understanding of the BetVictor brand and partner brands.
- Adapts the brands to different media platforms with ease.
- Communicates the BetVictor brand within the company, bringing all departments onboard with its core values and what it strives to evoke.
- Defines the brand and maintains the highest standards.
- Displays integrity, honesty, reliability, responsiveness, openness and is trusted by colleagues in all departments.
- Takes personal responsibility for their own work and personal development and inspires others to do the same.
- At a senior level, takes charge of narrative and copy aspects of projects, working closely with the Lead Copywriter.
- At a senior level, mentors others within the Copy team.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
You Will Be
- Confident in consistently producing persuasive and engaging copy to support all areas of the business.
- Able to manage and prioritise workload.
- Exceptional at researching.
- Producing copy for promotional and product mailers.
- Creating narrative ideas and writing scripts for video content.
- At a senior level, signing off copy and mentoring other Copywriters.
- Experienced in the iGaming industry (sports betting, casino, bingo).
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.