This role can be based in Gibraltar, Hungary or remotely from the UK or Spain
- Design and development of scalable and robust web applications in a distributed microservice environment.
- Provide architectural and design direction.
- Control technical debt.
- Keep the right balance of standardisation to support productivity.
- Drive the technical direction and growth of the team.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Advocate for technology-specific roadmap items.
- Keep the balance between a flexible architecture and the risk of over-engineering.
- Assume technical responsibility, identify opportunities for system improvement.
- Manage the technical quality of team’s deliverables. Ensure code review healthiness.
- Ensure the team uses engineering best practices.
- Drive development forward throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Evaluate feedback and institute changes as necessary to manage expectations.
- Represent the technology perspective on new business initiatives.
- Have a broader understanding of how your software fits into the overall system.
- Keep improving yourself as a leader by learning with and from other leaders across the organization, and through your own self-directed learning.
- Strong experience in software engineering.
- Good foundations of design principles and architectural patterns to make effective design decisions.
- Proficient in Java (preferably 11+)
- Familiar with deployment using Docker or Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of infrastructure, Cloud, and DevOps.
- Experience with distributed systems and technologies.
- Experience with the Spring Ecosystem (spring-boot, spring-data, spring-integration, spring security etc.)
- Experienced with service-oriented architecture/web services (REST)
- Analytical Skills.
- Knowledge about application performance tuning and profiling.
- Problem solver.
- Passionate about delivering high quality secure, reliable, and high-performance software.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer