Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- End-to-end manage cross-functional team initiatives within engineering. Analyse business requirements and interface with product owners and engineering managers to estimate work efforts and define milestones. Track progress, understand dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to management and project stakeholders. Engage and energise the feature teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Analyse and decompose high level product requirements to business requirements via artefacts such as user stories, feature epics, and interaction diagrams,
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Understand technical implementation details and propose alternatives. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Improve product development and delivery. Facilitate knowledge management and communication so each project delivers better than the last.
- Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the team by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver. Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organisation and the project management process. Share project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organisation.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong experience as a project manager or results orientated business analyst in a software or systems development environment.
- Project management — familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Analytical — you easily understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data. You are able to analyse and decompose high level product requirements to business requirements via artefacts such as user stories, feature epics, or interaction diagrams.
- Communication — excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence. You are able to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Highly organised — you have excellent organisational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Strategic mindset — you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Balanced Business/Technical competency. Ideally you have strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- • Results oriented. Detail oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. You get things done.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer