What you’ll do as a DevOps at BetVictor:
- Design, implement and administer software build & deployment systems and environments that are primarily running in cloud environments
- Ensure our software and cloud systems are resilient and highly available.
- Continuously optimise the cloud environment for resource and cost.
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems.
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations.
- Work with development, operations, testing and others to identify and resolve bottlenecks on the path to production.
- Ensure operational issues are resolved rapidly and with minimum disruption, by providing the appropriate support to team members.
- Work with software development teams to improve the readiness for operational deployment.
- Set the standards with teams for building resilient, debugable systems.
- Explore and evaluate new techniques and tools.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and high availability engineering experience.
- Ensure we never fail for the same reason twice.
Experience and skills that are important for success in this role:
- Proven, and strong, experience with AWS and/or GCP, with in-depth knowledge on their respective building blocks, designs, and architectures.
- Strong experience in a DevOps or similar software engineering role.
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Ansible).
- Strong experience with architecture and automation of infrastructure within a cloud environment.
- Experience deploying and monitoring production systems at scale in a cloud native environment.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery principles.
- Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability.
- Experience working on a remote or distributed engineering team.
- A track record of being a self-starter and a team player keen on sharing knowledge and growing your own skill set within a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results.
- Experience with service discovery and service communication.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.