What you’ll do as a DevOps Engineer at BetVictor:
- Participate in setting up the cloud operations strategy.
- Share knowledge and experience with the team.
- Be the go-to expert in your field.
- Know and follow best practices proficient with all aspects of managing software, containers and clouds.
- Build reliable infrastructure in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services.
- Integrate different tools and systems together in order to create fully functioning, cohesive delivery pipelines.
- Ensure that systems are built in a repeatable manner using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools.
- Ensure applications and the systems it runs on implement appropriate monitoring, logging and alerting solutions.
- Drive adoption of best practices and automating every process along the way.
- Ensure issues are resolved rapidly and with minimum disruption.
- Continuous assessment of evolving security threats. Providing solutions for mitigating the associations risks.
- Keep the pace with the latest trends, practices, and developments.
Experience and skills that are important for success in this role:
- Knowledge in Cloud Computing concepts of AWS, such as VPC, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, Fargate, CloudWatch.
- Experience and expertise with scripting languages such as bash, Python, etc.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Familiar with common middleware software like web servers (Apache, nginx, Tomcat, Nodejs and others)
- Deep understanding of continuous delivery (CD) theory, concepts and real-world application of them.
- Understanding of microservice architecture.
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- Passionate about Cloud Engineering
- Well-rounded understanding of networking.
- Able to drive yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Eager to learn and improve your skills.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.