The DevOps Engineer is one of the key roles impacting the engineering culture of the organization by building automated platform agnostic delivery pipelines and applying infrastructure as code principle.
Attitude is just as important as experience with a particular set of tools. We’re looking for colleagues with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can communicate easily with other people who have various levels of technical expertise, maintain a cross-disciplinary skill set that touches upon cloud, development, operations, continuous delivery, data, security and more.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Participate in setting up the cloud operations strategy.
- Share knowledge and experience with the team.
- Be the go-to expert in your field.
- Know and follow best practices proficient with all aspects of managing software, containers and clouds.
- Build reliable infrastructure in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services.
- Integrate different tools and systems together in order to create fully functioning, cohesive delivery pipelines.
- Ensure that systems are built in a repeatable manner using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools.
- Ensure applications and the systems it runs on implement appropriate monitoring, logging and alerting solutions.
- Drive adoption of best practices and automating every process along the way.
- Ensure issues are resolved rapidly and with minimum disruption.
- Continuous assessment of evolving security threats. Providing solutions for mitigating the associations risks.
- Keep the pace with the latest trends, practices, and developments.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Knowledge in Cloud Computing concepts of AWS, such as VPC, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, Fargate, CloudWatch.
- Experience and expertise with scripting languages such as bash, Python, etc.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Familiar with common middleware software like web servers (Apache, nginx, Tomcat, Nodejs and others)
- Deep understanding of continuous delivery (CD) theory, concepts and real-world application of them.
- Understanding of microservice architecture.
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- Good command of English.
- Passionate about Cloud Engineering
- Well-rounded understanding of networking.
- Able to drive yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Eager to learn and improve your skills.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.