Purpose of the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Digital Workplace Engineer to join our team of skilled professionals. We are looking for colleagues with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can communicate easily with other people, and who have various levels of technical expertise.
It is essential you have very strong VMware and Microsoft skills ensuring all company VMware clusters (Production + Corporate) and all Microsoft services are well maintained, regularly patched, and updated to ensure their good health and overall reliability.
You must be able to integrate into a team where its individuals are looking for challenges daily, thus pushing them to be top notch professionals. You must also be passionate about new technology such as cloud offerings and be self-motivated. You must be highly security focused ensuring all systems are as secure as possible. You need to also be able to drive yourself out of your comfort zone daily, trying to improve your skills and knowledge.
You are expected to be able to identify the value and long-term benefits of the high standards established and be able to cope with them.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Maintaining company VMware clusters (Corporate and Production)
- Design, implement and administer Windows systems and environments with deep understanding of DHCP / DNS, Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Working in a Cloud first environment with focus on providing services to users from any location.
- Exchange online administration and troubleshooting.
- Administer email security proxy technology such as Mimecast.
- Networking skills with an understanding of typical TCP/ UDP ports and the ability to test for required firewall changes.
- Design, implement and administer routine scripts with PowerShell.
- Promote the vision of a Cloud / design supporting a HA environment.
- Maintain internal security standards, administering and developing internal antivirus, DLP and authentication software and hardware technology.
- Explore and evaluate new techniques and tools.
- You will be required to be flexible, supporting ongoing and future enhancement projects and initiatives, and participate in a 24/7, 365-day rota for on-call support.
- Automation of processes and daily routines.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong proven experience in Systems Administration.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is advantageous
- Experience with full life-cycle engineering (design, test, commission, administration)
- Proficient with Windows system administration, including Server, storage, networks, and software
- Strong Skills in VMware vSphere, vCenter and ESXi
- Working knowledge of fundamental protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS)
- Working experience with continuous integration/continuous development
- Highly motivated to embrace and promote High Availability
- Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- An amazing attention to detail.
- VMware ESXi 6.7 – 7.0
- Windows Server 2016 - 2019
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy administration
- In depth knowledge of DHCP and DNS administration
- In depth knowledge of Intune and Cloud client management
- Manging and administrating Azure
- Exchange Online Full Administration.
- Office 365 Administration
- Experience with cloud architectures
- Flexible team player
- MFA Technologies
- Using modern automation tools like Power Automate
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira/ Confluence).
- Experience with backup / restore technologies for both Virtual and Physical servers.
- Basic experience of Linux systems e.g. connecting via SSH and using basic commands
You will have the opportunity to learn more (or share your knowledge) on the following:
- Cloud technology
- Hybrid Architecture
- VMware virtualized environment.
- Highly available enterprise environments utilising load-balancing network devices and proxy services
- Monitoring solutions
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.