This role is a great opportunity to establish a new legal team for Bildbet in Malta, working across a variety of projects and regulatory matters. The successful candidate will also work closely with the wider group Legal team in managing regulatory risk across the organisation, reporting into the group Director of Legal. This role is ideal for a senior lawyer with experience in the industry who is comfortable working autonomously and confident engaging internal and external stakeholders. There will be a wide variety of work offering experience across different practice areas, including commercial, corporate, contentious, intellectual property, regulatory and corporate governance.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation, including commercial agreements, intellectual property documentation, intercompany agreements, confidentiality agreements and contentious matters.
- Managing external legal counsel, including monitoring legal spend.
- Responding to ad-hoc legal queries from various business areas promptly and efficiently.
- Drafting and updating of customer terms and conditions, including promotional terms.
- Providing assistance in submission of the new German licence application, working closely with compliance in the submission and transition to operations.
- Working with internal company secretary in preparing and presenting documentation for board/audit and risk meetings.
- Supporting internal and external audit projects and ensure that such projects are completed in a timely manner and with the necessary deliverables.
- Preparing and delivering ad-hoc legal training sessions to the company to assist in developing internal knowledge and managing risk.
- Working with policy owners across the business to manage policies and procedures to ensure that they are maintained and periodically updated.
- Assisting in creating legal template documentation to facilitate business needs.
- Working to create efficiencies in legal processes, including implementing new technology to drive automation where possible.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Senior qualified lawyer (UK, Germany or other EU qualification) with in-house experience.
- Good knowledge of legal and regulatory concepts, in particular knowledge of German regulatory framework.
- Gambling industry experience desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent English and German oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and experience in managing competing demands.
- A self-driven, curious character who is eager to make an impact by making things happen.
- Someone who is comfortable taking ownership of projects and tasks and seeing them through to completion.
- Someone who is keen to work as part of the legal team and is proactive in working with other teams across the business.
- Someone who is comfortable with exposure to external stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent manner, communication and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and prioritisation skills.
- Knowledge of the concepts of Anti Money Laundering/Safer Gambling/Data Protection and other corporate and compliance-related rules and regulations.
- A foundation understanding of business information systems and IT specifically as it applies to the online gambling sector.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Able to work in EU.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.