Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Establish a communications strategy in conjunction with the Director of Brand & Creative to increase employee engagement
- Work closely with senior managers to ensure the company is aware of all parts of the business
- Produce and edit content for all internal communication mediums, such as SharePoint, Slack, LinkedIn and regular email announcements
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and awareness of all parts of the business
- Develop media materials for senior leadership, including reports, media briefings, articles and Q&A’s amongst other material
- Arrange, plan, and execute company-wide events including Brand Days and Town Halls
- Deliver presentations at company events
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet. You will also be required to work on the layout of content
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication
- Creates regular feedback loops with key stakeholders to ensure output is on point
- Explore and fully utilise press opportunities to full potential
- Responsible for statistics and reporting of, on a regular basis, of all material produced
- Ensure internal communications response to crisis situations are aligned with the overall business narrative
- To create simple artworks based on templates for internal communications
- Plan, organise, communicate, and facilitate 6 monthly Brand Day events where all new employees (remote and in-office) attend a half day interactive Company insight experience
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Writing skills: Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Speaking skills: Strong speaking skills required as you will be called upon to give presentations to staff. Group Communications Managers need sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees.
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them. To be always available and the go to person for comms at the business.
- Creative skills: The creative ability to devise communication strategies from scratch.
- Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- Analytical skills: Vital to analyse all output, and ultimately use data to improve results going forward.
- Organisational skills: To be highly organised and able to plan communications months in advance. Ability to extract required information on a regular basis, in the most convenient way possible. Possess second to none time and people management skills. Be able to react to business changes.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.