Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Accountable for ensuring adherence to regulations relating to safer gambling and player protection.
- Identify areas of problem gambling risk, developing and implementing corrective action-plans for resolution of problematic issues, as well as launching initiatives to counter those risks.
- Implementing a detective and preventive control framework developed in conjunction with the Head of Compliance and installation roadmap in accordance with the company’s conduct risk framework.
- Implementation of the SG policies and procedures and thorough robust, auditable processes that are clearly monitored and reported against.
- Review and recommend any changes to the current internal practices, measures, procedures and controls relevant to SG.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and ensure the operational team conducts itself in compliance with the legislation.
- Update Learning and Development training material to ensure they are updated to reflect regulatory/legal changes. Monitor client on-boarding processes and ensuring staff are fully informed and trained with regards to SG requirements.
- Work with the internal audit & operational effectiveness teams to conduct GAP analyses of existing controls to identify changes necessary to the company’s SG approach and controls.
- Manage the SG team(s) resources and rotas to meet KPls and work with the Head of Compliance to plan for changes in capacity.
- Support the Head of Compliance in building SG relevant sections in the board reports and quarterly periodic reports.
- Analyse the effectiveness of the SG department systems and third-party solutions to ensure the best possible tools and workflow systems are used. This will include building relationships with key suppliers and research bodies to obtain key research into areas of problem gambling and markers of harm.
- Ensure accurate and effective maintenance of the formal record keeping within the SG control frameworks and ensure documentation is maintained across the customer real estate.
- Work with the Risk Manager to ensure the SG risk assessment is updated & maintained and the obligations are sufficiently reflected in our internal P&Ps.
- Attend regulatory, technical and external compliance meetings and forums and produce summary papers/minutes. This role will play a leading role in managing external relationships and collaboration efforts across the industry into areas of Safer Gambling.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Practical experience working in a regulated gambling operator specialising in safer gambling/responsible gambling, player protection or comparable background.
- Background in scientific research, neuropsychology, addictive behaviours, or pathological conditions highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and gain the respect of all levels of management and staff.
- Detailed knowledge of the LCCPS and the relevant licensing authority guidance notes relating to customer interaction strategies.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure all documentation, reports and customer reviews are accurate.
- Experience of providing detailed analysis and presentation of complex analytical data.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent English if not a native speaker.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of delivering on strategy and key initiatives.
- Strong sense of what’s right and wrong and willingness to challenge and escalate as required.
- An ability to champion and actively support cultural change.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.