Purpose of the role
In this role you will lead and take ownership of key engineering practices including technical architecture, coding standards, source control management, build process, automation, testing and documentation.
You will be capable of viewing the big picture of the mobile product, giving high-level strategic input to the team’s direction and architectural guidelines.
This is a hands-on role and great opportunity to be part of the driving force in settling and implementing the technologies, goals and strategies for native mobile apps as a whole for BetVictor.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Provide technical leadership for a growing portfolio of fully native iOS apps.
- Ensure teams are collaborating and stay on track for delivering sophisticated technology goals on time.
- Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the team by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver..
- Drive iOS and mobile best practices from prototyping and development to app submission, including testing and automation.
- Lead and write lean, performant, highly maintainable and scalable software.
- Develop, participate and code new features for native iOS applications.
- Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates.
- Take feature requests and user stories from a range of different business owners and translate them into a set of re-usable components.
- Keep up-do-date on current and upcoming features in relevant products and platforms.
- Drive best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools.
- Handle and be responsible for performance, high-availability and stability in all deliverables.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in a senior iOS development role.
- Deep knowledge of the iOS platform, OOP, architectural and software design patterns.
- Up-to-date and capable of keeping pace with the latest trends and technologies in mobile app development.
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban.
- Exceptional communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Good understanding of the creation and consumption of RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with iOS Continuous Integration technologies and platforms.
- Aptitude for benchmarking and innovation.
- Motivated self-starter with a high attention to detail.
- Strong focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.