Purpose of the role:
We are seeking a highly skilled developer to integrate an agile team of highly motivated professionals dedicated to improve current production software and develop new features using the most adequate design patterns and technologies available in the market.
You must be able to integrate a team where individuals are seeking for challenges on a daily basis, thus pushing them to be top of the notch developers. You are expected to identify the value and long term benefits of the code standards established and follow them to cope with the underlying requirement of the team: deliver solutions with high code quality standards, highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable and extensible.
You are also expected to be an individual who drive himself out of its comfort zone on a daily basis trying to improve skills and knowledge. You should feel highly uncomfortable when you do not understand variable that affects your systems. You need to be able to communicate and articulate your ideas clearly.
About the team:
Our AGP team’s mission is to learn and constantly improve the platform to make the customer experience as good as possible. They are responsible for processing bets both from customer and traders’ perspective. The team has built our core services for placing, settling and monitoring the bets.
You will help the team in creating new services as well as maintaining and improving/refactoring existing ones, adding new features.
Challenges you can work on:
- Create software used by hundreds of thousands of customers globally
- Be part of a fast-paced environment, using cutting edge technologies
- Develop scalable and reliable applications for a distributed microservice environment
- Software development teams focus on mutual learning through peer code reviews and innovation
- Cloud technologies
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong professional development experience in java (preferably java 11).
- Experience with spring-boot
- Experience in service-oriented architecture
- Problem solver and passionate about delivering high quality software
- Knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks
- Cloud technologies (aws, docker, kubernetes, spring-cloud)
- Messaging solutions like kafka, RabbitMQ…
- NoSQL DBs like Mongo
- Continuous integrations and integration tools
- UI frameworks like Vaadin, Angular
- Caching solutions like Hazelcast, Redis
- Streaming processing frameworks like kafka-streams, Flink
- Spring projects Spring Security, Spring Data
- Tools like JMeter
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Creating and maintaining web applications for internal use (not for customers)
- Creating and maintaining backed microservices for processing and monitoring bets
- Owning new features from inception to production release, working across the company with different teams.
- Dedicated to delivering tested and high performant code for a distributed microservices architecture.
- Grow a production environment in a maintainable/reliable/monitored way
- Create and maintain quality software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment
- Passion about rewriting, refactoring and perfecting code
- Find creative and simple solutions to challenging problems
- Question other team elements designs and commits
- Understand and communicate technical strategy within the team
- Provide, detailed estimates and report on progress
- Commitment to maintain system operations 24/7 (both UATand LIVE environments)
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.
By applying for a role via firstname.lastname@example.org you are confirming that you consent to BetVictor processing your data for the purpose of applying for the role. This may include sharing your CV and applicant data with required stakeholders.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer