Purpose of the role:
We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer to integrate a team of highly motivated professionals dedicated to improving current production software and develop new features using the most adequate design patterns and technologies available in the market.
You must be able to integrate a team where individuals are seeking for challenges on a daily basis, thus pushing them to be top of the notch developers. You are expected to identify the value and long term benefits of the code standards established and follow them to cope with the underlying requirement of the team: deliver solutions with high code quality standards, highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable and extensible.
You are also expected to be an individual who drive himself out of its comfort zone on a daily basis trying to improve skills and knowledge. You should feel highly uncomfortable when you do not understand variable that affects your systems. You need to be able to communicate and articulate your ideas clearly.
About the team:
The SBA team is responsible for automation of the BetVictor sportsbook. Our focus is to offer as many options to our customers with as little as possible manual input from traders. The main goal is to provide the accurate pricing in both early price and live with ensuring the best possible performance and the highest quality of our software.
Our current stack includes but not limited to:
- Java 8+
- Spring Ecosystem (spring-boot, spring-data, spring-integration, etc.)
- (This could be an endless list – our µService ecosystem is compatible with different teams adopting different technologies for specific problems – we encourage choosing the right tool for the job).
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong professional development experience in java (preferably java 11)
- Experience with spring-boot
- Experience in service-oriented architecture
- Problem solver and passionate about delivering high quality software
- Knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks
- Basic knowledge or interest in sports (game flow / scoring)
- Ability to demonstrate experience in a technology that we do not list here, but you know it solves a sub-set of problems really well
- Continuous integrations and integration tools
- Cloud technologies (gcp, kubernetes, spring-cloud)
- Some level of PHP experience
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Implementing mathematical models and integrating them with current data flow
- Rewriting currently implemented solutions in microservices architecture
- Make our production environment more testable and resilient
- Find creative and simple solutions to challenging problems
- High focus on the application performance
- Commitment to maintain system operations 24/7
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.
By applying for a role via firstname.lastname@example.org you are confirming that you consent to BetVictor processing your data for the purpose of applying for the role. This may include sharing your CV and applicant data with required stakeholders.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer