Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Create and maintain Java Backend services in a microservices architecture.
- Analyse business requirements and design technical solutions.
- Participate in the full development cycle – analysis, brainstorming, coding, testing, reviewing, deploying and monitoring.
- Write code with focus on usability, readability, simplicity, performance and scalability. We have a global footprint.
- Push and challenge the team for innovation – be a motor of change.
- Push for keeping the stack up-to-date (frameworks, dependencies, middleware, etc).
- Rewrite, refactor and fine-tune code whenever there is room for improvement.
- Favour long-term reliable and scalable solutions over quick and recurrent fixes, that are hard to maintain.
- Take pride in what you do and deliver quality.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- 3+ years with Java (11+)
- Unit tests (JUnit valued)
- Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Rest APIs
- SQL (Oracle is valued)
- Messaging systems (ActiveMQ and Kafka are valued)
- Caching Solutions (Hazelcast and Redis are valued)
- Cloud Providers (AWS and GCP are valued)
- Containers and Orchestration Solutions (k8s is valued)
- Pipelines (Gitlab CI is valued)
- Vaadin Framework
- Drools BRMS