Key Responsibilities / Duties:
What You Will Do:
As a legal counsel at BetVictor you will be responsible for:
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation, including commercial agreements, intellectual property documentation, intercompany agreements, confidentiality agreements and contentious matters.
- Responding to ad hoc legal queries from various business areas promptly and efficiently.
- Drafting and updating of customer terms and conditions, including promotional terms.
- Assisting in creating legal template documentation to facilitate business needs.
- Providing assistance in submission of new licence applications in a variety of jurisdictions, working closely with compliance in the submission and transition to operations.
- Where necessary, assisting internal company secretary, including preparing documentation for board/audit and risk meetings and taking minutes.
- Supporting internal and external audit projects and ensure that such projects are completed in a timely manner and with the necessary deliverables.
- Preparing and delivering ad-hoc legal training sessions to the company to assist in developing internal knowledge and managing risk.
- Working with policy owners across the business to manage policies and procedures to ensure that they are maintained and periodically updated.
- Establish and maintain effective, accurate filing systems (hard copy and electronic).
- Working to create efficiencies in legal processes, including implementing new technology to drive automation where possible.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
Who We Are Looking For:
- EU, UK or Gibraltar legal qualification, from newly qualified to 3 years PQE (other qualifications may be considered and German qualification may be advantageous but not necessary).
- Excellent business German and English oral and written communication skills.
- A self-driven, curious character who is eager to make an impact by making things happen.
- Someone who is comfortable taking ownership of projects and tasks and seeing them through to completion.
- Someone who is keen to work as part of the legal team and is proactive in working with other teams across the business.
- Someone who is comfortable with exposure to external stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent manner, communication and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and prioritisation skills.
- Knowledge of the concepts of Anti Money Laundering/Safer Gambling/Data Protection and other corporate and compliance-related rules and regulations.
- A foundation understanding of business information systems and IT specifically as it applies to the online gambling sector.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Background in gambling industry desirable.
What We Offer:
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
- Comprehensive and on-going learning.
- Work at an international organization where you will contribute directly to the strategic decision-making of the organization and where you can really make a difference.
- Great team spirit, collegial atmosphere and lots of fun.