As a Product Owner in the Sportsbook Team you will be a key player in ensuring that we continue to be a market leader within the sports betting domain across all our brands and territories. You’ll be a key member of the Sportsbook Team, working alongside like-minded Product orientated individuals with a shared passion for sports betting and for the delivery of great customer experiences.
Within the role itself you will help the unit to define the Sportsbook product strategy, which will require deep collaboration with the Head of Sportsbook Product, the Director of Sportsbook and Regional leadership teams. You’ll lead the production of research and analysis to support your views and you’ll work towards achieving alignment in that regard with the wider stakeholder groups.
You’ll lead the production of business cases for customer-facing improvements and, working with delivery teams you will help translate those into technical requirements for our development teams to execute. You’ll develop a strong working relationship with our UXUI team to help ensure that your product vision is transformed into accurate and actionable designs and customer journeys.
You will be a key stakeholder within the product delivery framework, staying close to our engineering and delivery teams through all stages of development. Once your development initiatives have been delivered to our customers, you will own key aspects of the reporting around them and you’ll champion them within the business.
You should have a keen interest in and knowledge of sport and particularly have a willingness to learn about the sports that are materially important to the business. You should have a natural interest in betting and a keen and inquisitive mindset. Most importantly, you should bring a fantastic can-do approach to the team and role, a strong work ethic, a desire to work closely with colleagues across a range of departments and an obsession for excellence in customer experience.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work with the Head of Sportsbook Product and wider stakeholders to develop a vision and strategy for development of the sports product.
- Champion the customer experience by becoming a super-user of our sportsbook product and those of our competitors, to develop yourself as a sports authority within the business.
- Identify and draft where the gaps are in our product offering / user experience as well as documenting high-level requirements, user journeys and process flows, for our development teams.
- Own individual product initiatives end-to-end and collaborate with other stakeholders across the business through each phase of development to ensure alignment and good communication flow.
- Lead retrospectives following the delivery of product development projects to ensure they are within agreed timescales, specification, quality, and usability.
- Develop a good understanding of the regulatory compliance landscape for sports betting within all our licenced territories.
- Undertake competitor benchmarking exercises in all your product development initiatives, to help create best in class product ideas.
- Use market data and insights to influence your decision making and direction of thought.
- Undertake thorough reporting on all relevant areas of our product, particularly around areas of direct Product ownership responsibility.
- Have a sound understanding of product and technology trends, both within and outside of the betting industry - and an ability to use this knowledge to help create innovative and actionable product ideas.
- Be a strong self-organizer who is comfortable using project management tools.
- You will be working in a busy team and will be engaged on the development and delivery of the company’s key strategic Sportsbook product development objectives. We want you to be a voice in the team, and to step up to the plate when required.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- You will have previous experience working as a Product Owner or in a similar role in another team.
- Direct experience in Sportsbook would be beneficial but is not essential.
- You will be a strong self-organizer who can lead from the front.
- You will be comfortable presenting and articulating your vision including to senior management.
- You’ll bring a strong work ethic and an eye for detail.
- You will be comfortable taking responsibility and for owning initiatives end-to-end.
- Ideally you will be someone who has an interest in Sport, Betting, Gaming and Technology.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.