As a Product Owner in the Product Team you will lead customer-facing and system/tools-related development initiatives that will impact our product and customer experience across all the regions in which we operate. You’ll help define the overall product strategy, produce research and business cases to support your product vision, establish customer-facing improvements that can be translated into technical requirements for our development teams, and help co-ordinate product UXUI design and journeys. You will be a key stakeholder within the product delivery framework, collaborating with colleagues across Technology, Commercial Teams and Operations to ensure that we continue to deliver the best customer experience across all our product verticals.
This role is not tied to any particular business unit specifically, so the workload will be varied and interesting but the ideal candidate will have strong domain knowledge of Sportsbook as well as an interest and understanding of technology and the delivery of best-in-class customer journeys. Of particular benefit will be a strong appreciation for modern, user friendly technology and design within the areas of Registration, KYC/Customer On-boarding and the journey onward towards becoming a first-time depositing customer. These are key areas of focus for the Product Team over the coming years and the ideal candidate would be expected to be able to contribute strongly into the discussion around how BetVictor can lead in this regard going forward.
The role will also have significant exposure to our B2B developments as we continue our journey towards becoming a true B2B supplier of our technology, services, and products on a global scale.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work with the Director of Product, Regional Directors, Heads of Product and Product Owners to develop a vision and strategy for the areas of product to which you are assigned.
- Champion the customer experience by becoming a super-user of our products and those of our competitors, to develop yourself as an authority within the business areas in which you focus.
- Identify and draft where the gaps are in our product offering / user experience as well as documenting high-level requirements, user journeys, use-cases, and process flows, to produce business and functional requirement specifications to support technical development.
- Own individual product initiatives end-to-end and collaborate with other stakeholders across the business through each phase of development to ensure alignment and good communication flow.
- Lead retrospectives following the delivery of product development projects to ensure they are within agreed timescales, specification, quality, and usability.
- Develop a sure-footedness and broad understanding of how BetVictor operates within multiple licenced territories, particularly regarding the regulatory compliance frameworks that support our licences.
- Be cognisant of the importance of customer protection at all times; understanding that our goal is always to provide the safest place for consumers to enjoy recreational betting and gaming.
- Undertake competitor benchmarking exercises in all your product development initiatives, to help create best in class product ideas.
- Use market data and insights to influence your decision making and direction of thought.
- Undertake thorough reporting on all relevant areas of our product, particularly around areas of direct Product ownership responsibility.
- Have a sound understanding of product and technology trends, both within and outside of the betting industry - and an ability to use this knowledge to help create innovative and actionable product ideas.
- Be a strong self-organizer who is comfortable using project management tools.
- You will be working in a busy team and will be engaged on the development and delivery of the company’s key strategic product development objectives. We want you to be a voice in the team, and to step up to the plate when required.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- You will have previous experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager and/or Business Analyst in a digital business or good experience within a comparable role.
- You should have a sound understanding of the technology required to drive an online transactional business.
- You will be a strong self-organizer who is comfortable using project management tools.
- You will be comfortable presenting and articulating your vision including to senior management and C-Level.
- You’ll bring a strong work ethic and an eagle-eyed attention to detail.
- You will be comfortable taking responsibility and for owning initiatives end-to-end.
- Ideally you will be someone who has an interest in Sport, Betting, Gaming and Technology.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.