Key Responsibilities / Duties
- End-to-end manage delivery of cross-functional team initiatives within technology. Analyse business requirements and interface with product owners and technology leads to estimate work efforts and define milestones. Track progress, understand dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to management and project stakeholders. Engage and energise the feature teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Analyse high level business cases to workable requirements via artefacts such as user stories, feature epics, flow and interaction diagrams
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing task or priorities.
- Understand technical implementation details and help explore, or propose alternatives. Ask questions that help remove obstacles and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Continuously improve the product development and delivery. Facilitate knowledge management and communication so each project delivers better than the last.
- Monitor, evaluate, and guide the team by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver. Implement continuous improvements to the technology organisation and the project management process. Share project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organisation.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience as a project manager or results orientated business analyst in a software or systems development environment.
- Project management — familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Analytical — you easily understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data. You are able to analyse and decompose high level business cases to workable requirements via artefacts such as epics, user stories, flow or interaction diagrams.
- Communication — excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence. You are able to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Highly organised — you have excellent organisational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items or the tiniest detail.
- Strategic mindset — you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Balanced Business/Technical competency. You will need strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Technologists enjoy working closely with you.
- Results oriented. No detail escapes you. You are driven and take initiative. You get things done.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your application to email@example.com