Purpose of the role:
The principle objective of this role is to support the Head of Compliance to ensure that BV (Germany) Ltd.’s Compliance activities are in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
The role will be varied and involve maintaining BV (Germany) Ltd’s compliance activities, being the key point of contact for international compliance queries/escalations, be the Compliance lead on future licensing applications and above all ensure BV (Germany) Ltd. continues to act in accordance with their relevant licensing obligations. The successful candidate will also be required to liaise with other members of the wider compliance function daily, build strong relationships with other teams throughout the BetVictor Group and our external stakeholders
With the Regulatory Compliance Manager being responsible for driving and communicating change it is imperative that you are someone who wants to succeed and really establish themselves in an organisation that sees compliance as the key to future success.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Assist and support the Head of Compliance with ensuring compliance is being adhered to throughout the business.
- Ensuring all AML/CFT regulatory requirements and standards are met
- Ensuring legal and regulatory documents are always in line with current directives and regulations
- Vetting of policies, procedures, risk assessments and legal documents whilst ensuring all regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Ensure that policies, processes and procedures are communicated to relevant internal stakeholders
- Screening customer complaints and providing legal support in complaints handling procedures
- Ensure compliance with licensing objectives relating to customer facing components of the BV (Germany) Ltd. product and internal customers and stakeholders
- Anticipate regulatory changes and keep up to date with all latest guidance, best practice and legislation
- Analyse current process to define areas for improvement in relevant compliance teams
- Work with Organisational Development team to ensure that Compliance Training is of high quality and delivered annually
- Manage and co-ordinate regulatory reporting requirements for all relevant jurisdictions (being Malta and Germany)
- Accountable for construction and submission of consultations or other significant documentary responses to external stakeholders our gambling regulators and government bodies
- Assist with future market entry requirements, ensuring that the relevant business stakeholders have relevant country information to enable an informed decision whilst undertaking market closure activities where applicable
- Work in collaboration with the wider compliance function and relevant business areas to ensure BV (Germany) Ltd. is best placed to respond to consultations and any mandatory regulatory responses that form part of our licence obligations
- Work closely with Compliance operation functions to ensure that the processes being undertaken are aligned with supporting SOPs and policies, and regulatory guidance/legislation is complied with
- Develop the effectiveness of compliance activities throughout the business, making suggestions where applicable for discussion whilst ensuring the senior stakeholders are aware of short comings or improvements
- Taking care of other duties as assigned by the Head of Compliance from time to time
- Acting as designated DMLRO on the absence of the MLRO
The successful candidate will have experience in the remote gaming sector and a sound knowledge of German gambling regulations. The candidate will have experience in a leadership role, be a self-starter and be comfortable with forming relationships with colleagues at all levels throughout the organisation.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Fluent in German and English
- Good understanding of AML, CTF and SG concepts and other compliance-related regulations (e.g. Marketing)
- Flexible and reactive to change
- Strong working experience in a Regulatory Compliance or Legal role
- A genuine self-starter able to spot opportunities and maximise potential
- A strong communicator, with good interpersonal skills
- Confident in liaising with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to keep the overall objective in mind
- Able to handle pressure
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.