BetVictor is looking for a best-in-class NetOps Engineer to drive the deployment, scaling and automation of a complex global hybrid network infrastructure.
We are looking for a NetOps Engineer to join our team in Gibraltar to provide physical and virtual systems integration and networking for highly virtualized development, test, and production environments.
Our ideal candidate has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems, and delivering innovative solutions and complex projects on time. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This individual must serve as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor who facilitates the migration and deployment of workloads from on-premise environments to multiple Cloud platforms.
As a NetOps Engineer you will manage the creation and delivery of technical content, with a focus on Cloud networking topologies, on-premise network integration, Cloud VPN configurations, BGP, MPLS, Cloud VPC, DNS and Load Balancing configurations for cloud.We are looking for data driven people to help us build the next generation global/cloud network.
This candidate will engage with a wide cross section of internal and external stakeholders – development, support and third-party partners to drive Cloud adoption efforts.
A positive attitude and strong work ethic are non-negotiable. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and get going quickly
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global DataCenters and Cloud providers. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Focus on completing tasks to maintain integrity, availability, performance and capacity management of the hybrid networking infrastructure.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Promote innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
- Support on-premise network migrations to the cloud.
- Constantly monitor and analyse the network environment in order to identify opportunities to introduce efficiencies by way of automation.
- Contribute to and maintain policies related to networks.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, and networks related documentation.
- Build, support and maintain support documents, standard operating procedures and policies related to the network.
- Work closely with Devops Teams to ensure seamless deployments and efficient troubleshooting of the cloud and onprem workloads.
- Participate in the Network Team Out-of-hours support rota.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Candidates should have proven industry experience with similar responsibilities in a hybrid networking environment.
- Should possess strong knowledge of network related components, their functional scope and best implementation practices in either GCP and AWS, while have basic exposure to other global CSPs: Azure and OCI.
- Product knowledge and hands on experience in architecting, implementing and supporting Public Cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP and OCI).
- Possess a strong understanding of networking concepts, coupled with a passion and knack for automating the network.
- Extensive hands on experience with VCS (git) and CD/CI pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of automation languages and frameworks. The candidate should prove hands on experience in Terraform language.
- Excellent TCP/IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application and troubleshooting of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with large-scale networks.
- Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP, SSL
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast changing environment.
- Security: Firewalls, DDOS mitigation, WAF, L1-7 defences.
- Possess cloud related certifications such as GCP Professional Cloud Network Engineer
- Possess Cisco related certifications such as CCNA or CCNP
- Hands on experience with container architectures as Docker/K8s
- Agile practices
- Knowledge of DNS tampering, IP blocking
- Deep packet inspection and keyword filtering.
- Automation tools and techniques.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.