Purpose of the role
As a Software Developer Engineer on Test you are a first-class citizen of the delivery team and part of the ‘whole team’ supporting customers, business stakeholders, developers and other team members.
Your focus is on preventing defects to reach production environment, assuring flawless user experience and providing safety nets to the team every time a change is pushed across environments.
You look at the big picture and provide a balance against developer focus on technical implementation.
Your test tasks and stories are planned and executed like development tasks and stories, and your test scenarios can be reused on every change. You are generally a thoughtful, analytical problem-solver that can add a unique perspective to the team in terms of identifying potential roadblocks and dependencies early in the process.
You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energizing environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
You will be responsible for testing the web sites & REST APIs of the company in all the different variants and locales, focusing on the end user experience. Daily routines include writing, extending, maintaining and executing test cases. You will work on improving test suites and testing platform that you and other teams could use to extend their test coverage when building new features for the web site or backends. You are quick to perform impact assessment on proposed changes to ensure that all dependencies, issues and risk have been correctly identified and are proactively monitored and managed.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Strong and proven experience with Quality Assurance.
- Strong and proven experience with Test Management Software or documenting testing process.
- Strong and proven experience with Issue & Project Tracking Software.
- Basic experience with object-oriented & scripting programming languages.
- Solid experience with writing and maintaining test plans, test scenarios & test cases.
- Willingness to learn Test Automation of FE’s and API’s
- Demonstrated experience of applying and understanding software testing fundamentals.
- Be adaptable to changing product specifications, priorities, and schedules.
- A good communicator – you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.
- A keen learner – you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies.
- You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble. You get things done.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.