Purpose of the role:
We are looking to integrate a skilled software engineer into a highly motivated and self-organized agile team in charge of developing high scalability middleware applications using Java.
Our engineers form small, nimble teams that work on distinct projects, using the most adequate design patterns and available technologies. Backed by a strong company engineering culture, teams and engineers are encouraged to identify the value and long-term benefits of established standards, to continue to evolve them to deliver mature solutions that are service orientated – highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable, and extensible.
As an ideal candidate, you are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively; you are a relentless learner and are eager to thrive in a demanding but energizing environment.
About the team:
Our Marketing Tools Team develops in-house backend services (APIs, real-time processing Engines and UI tools) using core technologies (Java and Spring framework), together with databases (Relational and NoSQL), messaging (ActiveMQ, Kafka) and CI/CD pipelines for deployments in Kubernetes platform.
You will help the team in creating innovative software solutions as well as maintaining and improving existing application services and adding new features
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Create software on real-time backend applications and platforms.
- Write code with focus on usability, simplicity, performance and scalability. We have a global footprint.
- Participate in the full development cycle, from innovation to code-reviews to delivery to production.
- Create and maintain quality software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Rewrite, refactor and fine-tune code.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Professional experience with Java (preferably java 8)
- Experience with Spring framework (spring-boot, spring-data, spring-integration, etc.)
- Experience in Java middleware architectures – concurrency, message and service orientated architectures are your playground. Technologies as Apache Kafka, ActiveMQ and REST APIs are key part of the design.
- Experience in caching solutions and in-memory data processing (hazelcast)
- Desired experience with DevOps and CloudOps environments – from containers to CI/CD to the Cloud. Familiar with key technologies around Docker, CI/CD pipelines and AWS/GCP cloud providers.
- Ideally experience with Vaadin and Drools frameworks.
- A solid engineer – you are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills. You find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions.
- A good communicator – you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.
- A keen learner – you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies. You are ok with leaving your comfort-zone frequently.
- You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble. You get things done.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.
By applying for a role via email@example.com you are confirming that you consent to BetVictor processing your data for the purpose of applying for the role. This may include sharing your CV and applicant data with required stakeholders.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.