Purpose of the role:
We are looking to add a skilled software developer into a highly motivated and self-organized agile team in charge of developing high scalability API applications using NodeJs. The team creates and delivers a unified abstraction layer spanning multiple and differing middlewares, enabling mobile device platform teams to build industry leading user experiences through a consistent and performant API layer.
Our developers form small, nimble teams that work on distinct projects, using the most adequate design patterns and available technologies. Backed by a strong company engineering culture, teams and individuals are encouraged to identify the value and long-term benefits of established standards, to continue to evolve them to deliver mature solutions that are service orientated – highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable, and extensible.
As an ideal candidate, you are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively; you are a relentless learner and are eager to thrive in a demanding but energizing environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Write code with focus on usability, simplicity, performance and scalability. We have a global footprint.
- Participate in the full development cycle, from innovation to code-reviews to delivery to production.
- Create and maintain quality software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Rewrite, refactor and fine-tune code.
- Deliver on business functionality for a rapidly evolving product, balancing speed and performance with API consistency.
- Improving the architecture for resiliency and scalability of this critical API.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Mid to senior-level software development experience.
- Strong skills and knowledge with NodeJs in particular, and API development in general
- Practical understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- Experience with developing api services for complex domains.
- Experience with running services in production.
- Desired experience with DevOps and CloudOps environments – from containers to CI/CD to the Cloud. Familiar with key technologies around Docker, CI/CD pipelines and AWS/GCP cloud providers.
- Good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble. You get things done.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.
By applying for a role via firstname.lastname@example.org you are confirming that you consent to BetVictor processing your data for the purpose of applying for the role. This may include sharing your CV and applicant data with required stakeholders.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer