Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Support a heterogeneous Production environment and be the subject matter expert with our Solaris, Storage and Backup technologies.
- Design and implement new solutions with repeatability, efficiency, security, and reliability.
- Identify, analyse and drive through improvements in core systems
- Communicate and collaborate with other core teams as well as business functional teams and third-party vendors.
- Be part of a 24/7 out of hours rota.
- Uphold the highest of operational standards.
- Work in a flexible high energy environment.
- End to end ownership of an issue from the point of identification to the complete resolution.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in a similar role in a highly transactional fast- moving environment.
- Expert in every aspect of Solaris 10, Veritas cluster, VXVM, SAN Storage, Backup technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, general networking and fundamental administration skills is required.
- A working knowledge of a scripting language such as bash, python or ansible would be advantageous.
- Adequate knowledge of VMware concepts and administration or other virtualization technologies is advisable.
- Knowledge and experience around docker/K8s whilst not a requirement would be welcomed.
- Should have experience with Git, subversion, or similar technologies.
- An understanding of cloud concepts and devops procedures, knowledge of specific cloud providers would be especially useful.
- It would be advantageous to have experience with orchestration tool such as terraform, salt or ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD whilst not a requirement would be advantageous.
- A strong sense of adaptability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Embrace Infrastructure as code and automation in all aspects of your work.
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management.
- Team player with a highly motivated attitude.
- Experience working with large global multi-site environments
What you can expect:
- We encourage employee development, improving current skillets and embracing DevOps pathways.
- The ability to expand your skillsets with Multi-Cloud infrastructures.
- We deal with stress in a calm manner and keep an eye on the prize.
- Success is contagious here and we celebrate it!
- We use state of the art technology.
- We embrace IT challenges and reward initiatives.
- We have an awesome multi-cultural work environment.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.