Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Support a heterogeneous Production environment and be the subject matter expert with our Solaris, Storage and Backup technologies.
- Design and implement new solutions with repeatability, efficiency, security, and reliability.
- Identify, analyse and drive through improvements in core systems.
- Communicate and collaborate with other core teams as well as business functional teams and third-party vendors.
- Be part of a 24×7 out of hours rota.
- Uphold the highest of operational standards.
- Work in a flexible high energy environment.
- End to end ownership of an issue from the point of identification to the complete resolution.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in a similar role, in a highly transactional fast- moving environment.
- Expert in every aspect of Solaris 10, Veritas cluster, VXVM, SAN Storage, Backup technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, general networking and fundamental administration skills is required.
- A working knowledge of a scripting language such as bash, python or ansible would be advantageous.
- Adequate knowledge of VMware concepts and administration or other virtualization technologies is advisable.
- Knowledge and experience around docker/K8s whilst not a requirement would be welcomed.
- Should have experience with Git, subversion, or similar technologies.
- An understanding of cloud concepts and DevOps procedures, knowledge of specific cloud providers would be especially useful.
- It would be advantageous to have experience with orchestration tool such as terraform, salt or ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD whilst not a requirement would be advantageous.
- A strong sense of adaptability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Embrace Infrastructure as code and automation in all aspects of your work.
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Must be a good team player with a highly motivated attitude
- Experience working with large global multi-site environments
What you can expect:
- We encourage employee development, improving current skillets and embracing DevOps pathways.
- The ability to expand your skillsets with Multi-Cloud infrastructures.
- We deal with stress in a calm manner and keep an eye on the prize.
- Success is contagious here and we celebrate it!
- We use state of the art technology.
- We embrace IT challenges and reward initiatives.
- We have an awesome multi-cultural work environment.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.