As a Test Automation Engineer you are a first-class citizen on the agile development team and part of the ‘whole team’ supporting customers, business stakeholders, developers and other team members. Your focus is on team goals and customer value, providing safety nets to the team every time a change is pushed across environments. You look at the big picture and provide a balance against developer focus on technical implementation, using agile test matrix as a guide.
You collaborate within the team and with customers, and participate in daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, and any other team activities.
Your test tasks and stories are planned and executed like development tasks and stories, and you automate tests that can be reused on every change. You are generally a thoughtful, analytical problem-solver that can add a unique perspective to the team in terms of identifying potential roadblocks and dependencies early in the process
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work with product, development and business teams to identify appropriate test coverage and create test data as necessary.
- Automate Tests for API level interfaces.
- Automate Tests for interactive applications on various browsers and platforms.
- Automate Tests for native applications on iOS and Android.
- Perform impact assessment on proposed changes to ensure that all dependencies, issues and risk have been correctly identified and are proactively monitored and managed.
- Work with the project team to provide accurate estimation of testing activities within a sprint lifecycle.
- Work with the management team to identify and facilitate the delivery of test environment requirements.
- Play an active part in the continuous improvement of the software delivery approach.
- Provide mentoring and support to UAT analysts and other team members as they join the projects.
- Escalate as necessary any causes for concern that may impact the quality of the end product.
- Provide test results with supporting data to facilitate go live decision making.
- Actively promote QA activities across the project team and relevant business functions.
- Anticipate problems and identify long term implications of decisions and actions.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with various testing frameworks/ tools, such as: Jmeter, Selenium, SoapUI, Cucumber, Serenity, Gherkin.
- Experience with writing and maintaining automated test frameworks and suites
- Experience with Performance and Load Tests of Web Applications & Webservices.
- Consolidated knowledge in how automated tests should be integrated in a CI CD pipeline.
- Experience with object-oriented programming language is a must (Java, Ruby or C#).
- Experience with: SQL/PLSQL, XML / XPath, Regexp, WebServices.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- Be adaptable to changing product specifications, priorities, and schedules.
- Have a very good working knowledge of client / server and web based applications.
- Experience with scripting language (VBs, JS, Bash or PHP).
- Experience with Distributed testing: Jmeter Distributed, Selenium Grid.
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification or similar for understanding of software testing.
- Willingness to adapt and to learn new technologies.
- ‘Can do’ and ‘can automate anything’ attitude.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.