What you’ll do as a Web UI Developer at BetVictor:
You will be a UI Web Developer reporting to the UI Web Development Team Lead within IT / Digital Development.
You will be integrated into our Rover vertical team. Rover is the team responsible to drive and deliver all compliance development requirements/projects.
- Working in a Vertical team alongside other members.
- Working on horizontal tasks, live issues and help clearing the back log.
- Discuss and contribute ideas within the Ui team.
- Ensure the brand is maintained and kept consistent.
- Warrant development of new features from start to finish, liaising with any teams necessary.
- Create and maintain the quality of the software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Rewrite, refactor and improve old code.
- Tackle challenges and find simple and elegant solutions to them.
- Understand and communicate technical strategies within the team
- Provide detailed estimates and report on progress.
Experience and skills that are important for success in this role:
- 3+ years’ experience in UI web development.
- W3C industry best practices and web standards.
- Strong sense of UX with an instinctive attention to detail for both function and design.
- Experience in implementing user interfaces with understanding of user experiences and journeys.
- Proficient in building prototypes.
- Use the best technology to build and share UI components.
- Debugging cross browser and platform compatibility issues.
- Keep client-side performance in mind, make the code consistent and keep it small.
- Experience with GIT.
- Understanding of best practices for WCV (Web Core Vitals).
- BEM methodology.
- Awareness of GTM, SEO and A/B testing.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.