Our Web Developers work along with UX designers, frontend developers, and product managers to build and launch new features for our websites. You’ll work on large-scale websites and applications that are continuously changing. Our web development teams are main working with Ruby on Rails and ReactJS.
We are now looking for web developers with strong experience in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and ReactJS, expertise in modern web-technologies and RESTful APIs, and that are independent and inventive, have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment that delivers great products and provides great developer experience.
The role includes collaborating with experienced software engineers to iterate on the design and implementation of our products across multiple desktop, tablet and mobile browsers.
This role can either be remote in Europe or office based in Gibraltar of Budapest.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- You will develop and code at all levels of various websites and API applications, writing software with focus on great user experience, scalability, and performance. We want you to play a key role in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
- Architect full-featured server-side applications using mainly Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, Redis, SQL, and other technologies
- Participate in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions
- Help us shape the internal software architecture and development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment. Development, operations, testing and others all work together to ship outstanding code to production
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong proven experience in web development
- Expert in MVC web technologies and REST APIs
- Strong experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails; alternatively experience with any of scripting languages for web (PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJS) and a willingness and capability to learn Ruby fast
- Passionate about web development – you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and as ease on the server side as on the client side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation
- Comfortable working across the stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, middleware, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application
- Experience with client and server side performance optimization and tuning
- You have interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches on many of the core systems and user flows
- A solid engineer – you find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions. You have deep knowledge of OOP and design patterns and are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- A good communicator – you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff
- A keen learner – you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in web development
- Bias towards action. You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative and humble. You get things done.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.