Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Evolve and maintain the current CMS Platform developed in Ruby on Rails to a scalable and flexible multi-brand system
- Write code with focus on usability, simplicity, performance and scalability. We have a global footprint.
- Participate in the full development cycle, from innovation to code-reviews to delivery to production.
- Create and maintain quality software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Deliver on business functionality for a rapidly evolving product, balancing speed and performance with consistency.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Mid to senior-level software development experience for web.
- Expert in MVC web technologies and RESTful APIs.
- Strong experience with at least one of the dominating scripting languages for web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We love and use Ruby a lot.
- Practical understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- Experience with developing api services for complex domains.
- Passionate about web development – you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and at ease on server side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation.
- Comfortable working across the full stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, middleware, backend, network, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimisation.
- Good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in web development.
- Hands on, passionate, persistent, creative and humble. You get things done.
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.
By applying for a role via email@example.com you are confirming that you consent to BetVictor processing your data for the purpose of applying for the role. This may include sharing your CV and applicant data with required stakeholders.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.