What you’ll do as a Web Software Engineer - CMS at BetVictor:
- Evolve and maintain the current CMS Platform developed in Ruby on Rails to a scalable and flexible multi-brand system
- Write code with focus on usability, simplicity, performance and scalability. We have a global footprint.
- Participate in the full development cycle, from innovation to code-reviews to delivery to production.
- Create and maintain quality software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Deliver on business functionality for a rapidly evolving product, balancing speed and performance with consistency.
Experience and skills that are important for success in this role:
- Mid to senior-level software development experience for web.
- Expert in MVC web technologies and RESTful APIs.
- Strong experience with at least one of the dominating scripting languages for web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We love and use Ruby a lot.
- Practical understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Experience with developing API services for complex domains.
- Passionate about web development – you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and at ease on server side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation.
- Comfortable working across the full stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, middleware, backend, network, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application
- Experience with performance tuning and optimisation
- Good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in web development.
- Hands on, passionate, persistent, creative and humble. You get things done.
BetVictor is an equal opportunity employer.