Purpose of the role:
This role can be based in Gibraltar, Hungary or remotely from the UK or Spain
We are looking for a talented software engineer for web with excellent server-side and frontend-side skills to join a self-organised digital development team in charge of highly performant web applications. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of web standards and developing single page applications, as well as experience in collaborating on software projects.
You would be joining a small, nimble web development team that doesn’t buy into the hype, and simply focus on providing solutions that are highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable, and extensible.
You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develop and code for client-facing web applications, writing software with focus on great user experience and performance
- Participate in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions
- Help us shape the internal software architecture and development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment. Development, operations, testing and others all work together to ship outstanding code to production.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong proven experience experience building websites
- Expert in MVC web technologies and REST APIs
- Strong experience with at least one of the dominating scripting languages for web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We tend to use Ruby a lot.
- Passionate about web development – you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and at ease on server side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation.
- Comfortable working across the stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, middleware, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application
- Performance and optimisation experience
- You have interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches on many of the core systems and user flows
- A solid engineer – you find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions. You have deep knowledge of design patterns and are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- A good communicator – you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff
- A keen learner – you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in web development
- Bias towards action. You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative and humble. You get things done
BetVictor will take care of all your relocation requirements including booking flights, organising airport transfers, paying for movement of additional belongings and providing rental assistance for the first three months.